Our team, „Iasi.Travel”, organizes daily free tours (English Language) of the historical center of Iași, Romania, starting April 7th! Our meeting point is Piața Unirii / Union Square, in front of the statue of Alexandru Ioan Cuza, the founder of modern Romania.
Our walking tour typically lasts two hours and consists of a brief introduction to 10 iconic tourist sites of the city of Iași:
1. Union Square (with Hotel Traian) – birthplace of Romania.
2. „14 Dec. 1989” Square (with Marriage Hall „Cantacuzino” Palace)
3. Cuza Vodă st. – an old commercial narrow street
4. Miron Costin Square (with Balș Palace, Philharmonics, former Dacia Bank and the statue)
5. National Theater „Vasile Alecsandri” (top 7 „World Theaters that Take your Breath Away” as of BBC).
6. Mitropolitan Cathedral of Moldavia (with yearly pilgrimage)
7. Iași City Hall (a former residence of Roznovanu boyard family)
8. „Art Georgies” Gallery – refined mosaic art Made-In-Iași
9. The Three Hierarchs Monastery – unique stone embroidery
10. The Palace of Culture (former Princiary Palace and headquarter of the Capital of Moldavia 1564-1862, top 10 Wolrd Most Beautiful Buildings by night!
The tour will include recommendations for your stay in Iași (where/what to eat, drink, dance), hours of visit for many attractions, other tips. The tour is free but tips are welcome!
Our guides consist of students and teachers at Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași which are proud to introduce you to our great city!
Looking forward to meet you soon!
07-14 Aprilie 2019